Tempo School Uniform Guidelines
All students must wear the school uniform as set out below. There are a number of reasons for wearing a school uniform. In part, as an academic school, the uniform is intended to focus our students’ attention on the pursuit of excellence in their schoolwork rather than on the pursuit of the latest fashion. In part, the uniform helps to reinforce the identity of the school and the attitudes and orientation that the school aims to instil in its students.
The uniform alters gradually as students move up the school. All students are expected to dress modestly.
Uniforms should be clean and pressed. It is a good idea to label articles of clothing with an indelible marker.
The exclusive supplier of school uniforms to Tempo School is Top Marks Uniforms: 1–800-667–7105 or topmarks.ca
Note: Parents can order online or use an order form that is available from the school office.
- Black, white, dark green, grey, or brown indoor shoes or sandals must be worn at all times.
- Footwear should not mark the floors.
- Heels must not exceed two inches.
- Socks must be white, black, grey, or dark green.
- From May 1 to October 15, sandals may be worn without socks or stockings.
Jewellery and Accessories
- These should be simple and minimal.
- Earrings may be studs or small hoops (less than 1 cm diameter). No dangling or large earrings.
- Belts must be black, dark green, or grey.
- Hair Accessories/Religious Head Coverings must be white, black, dark green, grey, or Alberta tartan.
- Bare midriffs, low necklines, sleeveless tops, exaggerated makeup or jewellery, tight pants or skirts are not allowed.
- Skirts must be no shorter than one inch above the knee and no longer than ankle-length.
- Alberta tartan or dark green jumper with white turtleneck or plain white blouse – no embroidery or frills.
- Grey dress pants, grey shorts or grey skort. With this option, a shirt and tie, collared crested golf shirt or turtleneck with the Tempo insignia
- Grade 3 girls have the option of wearing the Alberta tartan kilt.
- Grey dress pants or, in spring and fall, knee shorts
- White shirt and tartan tie or collared, crested golf shirt or turtleneck with the Tempo insignia.
A sweater or fleece may be worn. Sweaters must be either white or dark green and the fleece must be as purchased from Top Marks.
Kindergarten students may wear either the uniform as outlined for Grades 1 – 3 or black sweatpants and a white top: shirt, blouse, collared golf shirt of turtleneck, with the Tempo insignia.
- Alberta tartan or dark green kilt with white turtleneck or plain white blouse – no embroidery or frills.
- Grey dress pants, grey shorts or grey skort. With this option, a shirt and tie, collared crested golf shirt or turtleneck with the Tempo insignia.
- Grey dress pants or, in spring and fall, knee shorts.
- White shirt and tartan tie; white, crested golf shirt; or white turtleneck with Tempo on the collar.
- Sweaters as supplied by Top Marks.
- Ties or scarves from Top Marks
- White dress shirt
- Black dress pants (and/or black kilt from Top Marks, if desired)
- Black dress shoes (no logos; worn with black socks and black laces)
- Black crested v-neck sweater from Top Marks
- Black crested zip-up cardigan from Top Marks
- Black blazer
Physical Education Uniform
- Black sweatpants or track pants or shorts
- Black or grey silk-screened T-shirt
- Black crested jacket
Note: These items must be purchased from Top Marks 1–800-667–7105 or topmarks.ca
If there are questions about purchases, please check with the Upper School Head before removing price tags.